Thursday, May 10, 2012

Locks of Love


Mary here! Today, I finally chopped off all my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. For those of you who don't know, Locks of Love is an organization that takes donated hair and makes wigs for children suffering from cancer, or other medical conditions that make them lose their hair. Today was my fourth time donating my hair. I encourage all of you (men and boys, too!) to grow your hair and donate! Check the websites for the requirements.

Here are the before and after pictures from today!









3 comments:

  1. Aww really cute Mary...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! I still have probably a year before mine is long enough to do it again, will be my third time! -Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donations of hair to Locks of Love does not go to people with cancer. It only goes to people with alopecia. Of all the donations, only 20% goes towards making wigs. The rest is thrown away or sold to pay administration cost or fund alopecia research. Try Wigs for Kids or Pantene Beautiful Lengths is you want your donated hair to go to people with cancer. Look here for more information: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/06/fashion/06locks.html?ex=1346731200&en=e18aafdebe572e0c&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

    ReplyDelete